Testing 10.1 WITH_TESTS

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Tue Nov 25 22:19:34 UTC 2014

Hi there, I currently have two machines running with 10.1 that have
been built having WITH_TESTS enabled and kyua installed.
Both machines have 3 disks in a raidz zpool.

The older machine is a pentium E2140 with 1GB ram and runs through all
tests without trouble.

My main machine is a corei5 with 8GB ram and does have trouble passing
all tests. The local/kyua/integration tests fail to finish, the first
run I was getting errors of maxproc limit exceeded, after increasing
that to 25,000 I watched top display a process count of between 16,000
and 20,000 depending on the test and all free ram being used up, I saw
several outputs like - broken: Test case body timed out  [3300.0s],
I saw one say failed due to an exception but as I cancelled after
6 hours it didn't save the test results.

Test results can be found at http://shaneware.biz/kyua-tests/
(kyua/integration test disabled for the corei5) which also has a copy
of src.conf and dmesg.boot as well as /var/log/messages content during
tests as there are several entries of test processes exiting on signals
3, 6, 10 and 11 even though the tests pass.

The tests within local/kyua/integration that fail are
cmd_report_junit_test
cmd_report_test
cmd_test_test

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler