10.1 geom "diskid"

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Wed Nov 19 19:37:22 UTC 2014

Hi, all,

> Am 19.11.2014 um 17:46 schrieb Freddie Cash <fjwcash at gmail.com>:
> Why the gnop acrobatics?
>
> ​Future-proofing the pool.  :)

Precisely. Thanks, Freddie ;)

Thanks to everybody else who answered, everything's running
smoothely and consistently now:

root at seleniumhub:~ # zpool status
  pool: ssd
 state: ONLINE
  scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0h0m with 0 errors on Wed Nov 19 21:16:53 2014
config:

	NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	ssd         ONLINE       0     0     0
	  gpt/ssd   ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

  pool: zroot
 state: ONLINE
  scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0h1m with 0 errors on Wed Nov 19 21:18:05 2014
config:

	NAME           STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	zroot          ONLINE       0     0     0
	  mirror-0     ONLINE       0     0     0
	    gpt/disk0  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    gpt/disk1  ONLINE       0     0     0
	logs
	  gpt/zil      ONLINE       0     0     0
	cache
	  gpt/l2arc    ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

root at seleniumhub:~ # zdb | grep ashift
            ashift: 12
            ashift: 12
            ashift: 12

I did use a 64k offset and 64k boot partitions for zroot this time, so I did not need
to reinstall, just move devices around. I will internally document the 1M recommendation,
though. Used that for the SSD.

Possibly vfs.zfs.min_auto_ashift=12 should be the default? And the installer
could use some changes for 10.2 in that regard ;)

Kind regards
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH * Kaiserallee 13a * 76133 Karlsruhe
Tel. 0721 9109 0 * Fax 0721 9109 100