SuperMicro IPMI/SOL and ipmitool troubles

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Wed Nov 12 01:36:39 UTC 2014

Andreas,

first of all, thank you very much for your valuable submissions; it's still a
bit unclear to me which path FreeBSD boot process selects esp. in some corner
cases, and looking at the sources not every time scheds a light ;P

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014, Andreas Nilsson wrote:

[snip]

> setting hw.uart.console=1234
> renders me with a working serial console over iLO on the HP machine as well
> ( HP dl360 g5 ilo2-2.22 )

could you please point me to some of the paths for this setting? I see some
code at sys/boot/i386/libi386/comconsole.c -- but it's a bit puzzly to me ;)

also, no man pages or examples reference to it...

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]