FreeBSD 10.1-RC4 Now Available

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 00:37:27 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 11:43 AM, Glen Barber <gjb at freebsd.org> wrote:

> The fourth RC build of the 10.1-RELEASE release cycle is now available
> on the FTP servers for the amd64, armv6, i386, ia64, powerpc, powerpc64
> and sparc64 architectures.
>
> This is anticipated to be the final RC build of the 10.1-RELEASE cycle.

I hit a problem right out at the start:
   # freebsd-update upgrade -r 10.1-RC4
   Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 5 mirrors found.
   Fetching metadata signature for 10.0-RC3 from update2.freebsd.org...
done.
   Fetching metadata index... done.
   Fetching 1 metadata patches. done.
   Applying metadata patches... done.
   Fetching 1 metadata files... done.
   Inspecting system... done.

   The following components of FreeBSD seem to be installed:
   kernel/generic src/src world/base world/doc world/games

   The following components of FreeBSD do not seem to be installed:
   world/lib32

   Does this look reasonable (y/n)? n

But I do have lib32 installed and have had since the initial
installation.No prior upgrade failed. I have no time to look at how
freebsd-update tests for components, but something went haywire.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com