HEADS UP: merged llvm/clang 3.4

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Mon Mar 24 16:09:34 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 07:17:22PM +0100, Dimitry Andric wrote:

> I have just merged llvm and clang 3.4 release to stable/10 (r263508) and
> stable/9 (r263509).  This already includes a number of post-3.4 fixes,
> though there are a few that are still awaiting the MFC timeout (e.g. the
> updated Sparc64 backend, and some things that were just fixed the day
> before yesterday).
>
> Since the most obvious problems have already been addressed in head, I
> expect this to be a fairly smooth upgrade.  If you run into something
> strange anyway, please reply to this message (CC'ing the list).

I was (finally!) able to bulid stable/10 successfully this morning (on
each of a build machine and my laptop); stable/9 still dies (the same
way on each).  Summary of attempts:

stable/9:
Date        Last commit to repo  Status
Thu 20 Mar  r263420              OK
Fri 21 Mar  r263468              OK
Sat 22 Mar  r263620              Failed
Sun 23 Mar  r263658              Failed
Mon 24 Mar  r263680              Failed

stable/10:
Date        Last commit to repo  Status
Thu 20 Mar  r263420              OK
Fri 21 Mar  r263468              OK [Didn't actually rebuild *]
Sat 22 Mar  r263620              Failed
Sun 23 Mar  r263658              Failed
Mon 24 Mar  r263680              OK

* Only change in stable/10 from r263420 to r263468 was to a couple of
  file specific to the arm architecture.  I'm running i386 on these
  machines, so I didn't bother.

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Taliban: Evil cowards with guns afraid of truth from a 14-year old girl.