HEADS UP: merged llvm/clang 3.4

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Sat Mar 22 16:04:57 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 08:49:19AM -0700, Jakub Lach wrote:
> Seeing
>
> >This is the same hardware as for stable/9 -- just a different slice.
>
> is your disk ok? I've rebuilt/reinstall world already obviously (10-STABLE),
> and (fingers crossed) sole port that gave me grief was boost-libs so far.

Well...  I'm seeing the same issues on a completely different machine
(that is, on both my laptop and a "build machine"); they have no
hardware in common.  (I do have the build machine update a local private
mirror of the FreeBSD SVN repos, and then replicate that to my laptop,
so each uses its own repo mirror, and they are kept in sync.)

But thanks for the reality check. :-}

When I read the question, it did cause me to recall that a few days ago,
after installing stable/10, as I was rebooting to build head (from a
different slice), the laptop did panic, and one result of that was that
I was unable to perform "svn up" on the head version of my src working
copy: I ended up nuking that working copy & checking out a fresh one
from the local repo, and that's been working fine.  It *could* be that I
had similar corruption in the stable/9 or stable/10 src working copies,
but I had successfully updated and rebuilt/reinstalled/smoke-tested each
of those, daily, since....

And FWIW, I had started using clang for building world & kernel shortly
after BSDCan 2012, and then switched to only using clang for that
purpose a few weeks later.  (I had been building with gcc in one slice &
clang in another, checking for ... unexpected events.)

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Taliban: Evil cowards with guns afraid of truth from a 14-year old girl.