Mouse does not work with new Xorg, works with old Xorg (9.3-STABLE)

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Wed Jul 23 07:11:05 UTC 2014

On 22.07.2014 21:11, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> Interesting that it works for you. If I set that I get no umsX devices at
> all :(

That's very strange, because moused(8) isn't involved in the creation of
/dev entries. The ums(4) kernel module is responsible for that. It's
automatically loaded by devd(8) when a USB mouse is plugged in (see
/etc/devd/usb.conf, look for "ums").

Double-check that devd(8) is enabled (it is by default) and running.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron