Problems loading RV620 firmware

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Fri Jul 18 13:38:16 UTC 2014

On 18.07.2014 15:26, Pete French wrote:
>> How do you tell that the machine is locked up? Are you unable to reach
>> it using ssh?
>
> I am sitting in fornt of it - garbage comes up on the top few
> lines of the screen,. The rest goes back. unresponsibve to
> keyboard, or mouse. Cant ping it remotely. Power
> button does nothing.

Can you configure kernel dumps and add the following sysctl to
/etc/sysctl.conf?

debug.debugger_on_panic=0

I'm not sure you have a kernel crash, but it could be the case and the
computer could be sitting in the debugger waiting for your commands.

>> Could you please try with syscons, instead of VT?
>
> I havent tried that yet, but I can give that a go later - does
> 'GENERIC' still use syscons ? The commens imply it does, but I
> thought it had changed over to using vt.

No, syscons is still the default in GENERIC for all branches of FreeBSD.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron