ng_netflow

Cristiano Deana cristiano.deana at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 14:39:11 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Julian Elischer <julian at freebsd.org> wrote:

Hi, Julian

> Is it possible that  you are working with an interface that has TSO on?

it's a vlan interface, the device is a em0.
net.inet.tcp.tso: 1

> if so then netgraph will be seeing huge "aggregate" packets rather than the
> normal packets.
> so teh number of packets may be out by more than a factor of 30.

My bigger problem is with traffic counter, but maybe it's just my error.

> netgraph nodes are relatively simple..

Not really :)

I have problems to find "easy" documentation about it. It's hard to
understand what lower, upper, right, etc meaning. I think I could hav
setup something wrong, maybe counting only incoming packet (or
outgoing).

I followed, not fully undestand, the example in ng_netflow man page:

           /usr/sbin/ngctl -f- <<-SEQ
                   mkpeer fxp0: netflow lower iface0
                   name fxp0:lower netflow
                   connect fxp0: netflow: upper out0
                   mkpeer netflow: ksocket export inet/dgram/udp
                   msg netflow:export connect inet/10.0.0.1:4444
           SEQ

Thank you

--
Cris, member of G.U.F.I