Issues using new_xorg pkg repository

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Wed Jul 9 12:19:04 UTC 2014

Instructions for using the new repository are as follows:

> mkdir -p /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos
> cat > /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD_new_xorg.conf <<EOF
> # /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD_new_xorg.conf
> # It is still required to have /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf installed and enabled.
> # If that file is missing or if /usr/share/keys/pkg is missing see:
> # http://www.freebsd.org/security/advisories/FreeBSD-EN-14:03.pkg.asc
>
> FreeBSD_new_xorg: {
>    url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/new_xorg",
>    mirror_type: "srv",
>    signature_type: "fingerprints",
>    fingerprints: "/usr/share/keys/pkg",
>    enabled: yes
> }
> EOF

Having dne that, however, if I do 'pkg update' what I
get is this:

Updating repository catalogue
pkg: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org//new_xorg/digests.txz: Not Found
pkg: Unable to find catalogs

I am running 9.3-PRERELEASE (amd64) - this should work simply by
following the instuctions should it not ? From looking at
the error it would appear that ABI is not being set - yet
the same syntax is being used in /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf and
it appears to work there.

Any suggestions ? I suspect I have missed something obvious, but what ?

cheers,

-pete.