New port: inofficial/deploy-tools

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnilan.de
Mon Jul 7 14:25:19 UTC 2014

Bezüglich Harald Schmalzbauer's Nachricht vom 06.09.2012 21:23 (localtime):
…
> for people needing to setup various production systems, multiple
> times for the same basic hardware but for different purposes, and
> mainly for people installing embedded systems, my collection of
> scripts/Makefiles named "deploy-tools" may be of interest. It makes
> use of standard FreeBSD make processes, but modified in a way that
> you can handle multiple rollouts in parallel, none touching the
> regular /usr/src /usr/obj trees.
>
> You can "menu" driven (by sbin/deploy-manager): - checkout source
> (svn+cvsup) and auto-apply local patches - build world/kernel -
> rollout installer-cd image of the customized system with
> auto-install-script - rollout "firmware" (RAM-root) images - flash
> card management for installing firmware images / packages
>
> The basic idea is to share platform config for various systems not
> related otherwise. And of course to manage/archive the
> configs/results. Therefor the configs are organized in projetcs,
> which basically isPackage Building Menu" nothing more than a distinct
> directory tree. The deploy-manager can initialize such projects,
> taking care of all mandatory config files (provided as
> templates/examples).
…

Long time no big update, but finally I added package handling on a
custom-production-unit basis :-)
Unfortunately, all the features are still undocumented, but the
interactive deploy-manager script is self explaining in most places.

Most important for package handling is "$UNIT-ports.lst", which resides
in unit-config-subdir "ports" and lists all "root"-ports, the unit will
have installed.
In building-options-menu, you can selsect "Package Building Menu", and
then "Batch building ports/packages".
If you have a ports tree on the building host, it will mount that
directory into it's building principle and create packages.
After compilation finished, a package-resolver will check any dependent
(pkg info for dependency is evaluated) package and make one if not existing.
New is also the "package ISO" Option (in Rollout menu).

Here you can find the port inofficial/deploy-tools:
ftp://ftp.omnilan.de/pub/FreeBSD/OmniLAN/deploy-tools/

Have fun,

-harry