FreeBSD 10.x + LiquidSoap + NFS == Server Hang

Marc Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Fri Jul 4 16:33:53 UTC 2014

On Jul 4, 2014, at 05:10 , Rick Macklem <rmacklem at uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> 4 is EINTR. That would suggest you might have the "intr" option on the mount?
>
> If so, try taking out the "intr" option on the mount, if you are using it.
>
> The problem with it is that, if anything posts a signal to a process while
> I/O is in progress it will fail. In this case the failure is in nfs_getpages(),
> which is a pagein operation (and you don't want those to fail).
>
> If you aren't using "intr", then I have no idea why a read would fail with EINTR.

I’ve made the change on two of my servers that have been exhibiting NFS related issues, so we’ll see how this goes over the next couple of days, but am curious as to when one would use ‘intr’ in the first place, if by using it, it could cause NFS to hang like this?  Granted, out of 11 servers using ‘intr’, this one server is the only one that I’ve knowingly experienced the nfs_getpages, so it seems to be something hard to trigger …

Thanks