Should 9.3 carry a warning about NEW_XORG

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Fri Jul 4 12:24:20 UTC 2014

> On 07/04/2014 14:00, freebsd-stable-request at freebsd.org wrote:
> There's not POLA as vt(4) has been merged to stable/9 and stable/10 to
> make it possible to use tty. To use new Xorg with tty, recompile kernel
> using VT config.

I am following this with some interest - I was under the impression that
from 9.3 onwards vt(4) was included by default. is this not tre ? Do
I still need to recompile to use vt ?

Also, binary packages installed with 'pkg install' - are these compiled
using WITH_NEW_XORG or not ?

Currently I am building a kerenel with vt, and compiling Xorg from /usr/ports
with the option set, but I would like to move back to a default
kernel, and to be able to install the binary verion of Xorg usking 'pkg'.
Am not clear what the default options are though, from what I have read.

cheers,

-pete.