FreeBSD 9.3-RC2 and vmware 5.1 esxi (not a duplicate)

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Tue Jul 1 08:54:06 UTC 2014

On 06/30/2014 19:45, Glen Barber wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 07:42:14PM -0700, Dave Hayes wrote:

>>> Well, let's start with these two.  Can you actually provide them?
>>
>> The issue is that I am between you and someone at a hosting provider. This
>> hosting provider interaction is not real time. Thus, I would like to queue
>> as many information requests in one transaction as I can.
>>
>> I've forwarded this request in the interests of some measure of efficiency.
>> I will get back to you with the response.
>>

> Understood.

Here's the response I got. It's not much, but it's a start. We are
dealing with vmware 5.1 esxi build 1157734. The VM was created via the
vSphere client with these settings:

Guest Operating System Version: FreeBSD(64-bit)

20G vDisk
1 vCPU
2G vRAM
LSI SAS SCSI Controller
Single NIC (VMXNet3)

Virtual Hardware Version: vmx-09

CD/DVD:
Connect at power on.
Datastore ISO File: mapped to the ISO file provided.

BIOS boot order configured to boot from CD-ROM first.
All other settings are at default.

Any other information you need, I'd be happy to request.
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

You have a duty to perform. Do anything else, do any number
of things, occupy your time fully, and yet, if you do not do
this task, all of your time will have been wasted.