FreeBSD 9.3-RC2 and vmware 5.1 esxi (not a duplicate)

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Tue Jul 1 01:34:04 UTC 2014

This may look like a duplicate of

   <53B1DB21.7020900 at jetcafe.org>

but it isn't. It's the same issue, but now it also belongs to the stock
ISO. We tested the stock FreeBSD 9.3-RC2 iso on vmware 5.1 esxi as a
guest. It says clearly

   CD Loader 1.2

and then there's screen gibberish which seems to indicate something is
not found.

This evidence seems to indicate that there was a bootloader change
between r255456 and r267340 that may be causing this; I am not familiar
with the boot code enough to claim this is correct or not.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue? Should this issue be
forwarded to a different mailing list? Thanks in advance. :)
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

The original purpose of cultivating restraint is so that
eventually...one will not need to have restraint.