ssh-copy-id

dweimer dweimer at dweimer.net
Fri Feb 28 21:28:04 UTC 2014

On 02/28/2014 2:20 pm, Mark Felder wrote:
> I modified it like this:
>
>                         echo "alg $alg"
>                         echo "key $key"
>                         echo "comment $comment"
>                         printf "$alg $key $comment\n" >> "$keyfile" ; \
>

> so I could see where printf was breaking. It's breaking on the first
> one
> -- $alg
>
> Unmatched '.
> key: Undefined variable.
> comment: Undefined variable.

ok, now I feel kinda stupid....  um it was breaking because of the
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- at the beginning of ~/.ssh/id_rsa...
then i thought, wait I am suppose to send my public key, not the private
one.

it works right if you use ssh-copy-id -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub

sorry Mark, didn't mean to waste your time looking at this...

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer