Any news about "msk0 watchdog timeout" regression in 10-RELEASE?

porkshoulder joseph.naegele at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 00:42:37 UTC 2014

At the risk of sounding ignorant, what can I do to fix this issue on my box?
I installed 10.0-RELEASE on my desktop at home.

I don't have the exact output from dmesg, but I collected the following:

Marvell Yukon Ultra 2 Id 0xba Rev 0x00
Marvell Yukon 88E8057 Gigabit Ethernet
(Marvell 88E1149 Gigabit PHY)

The msk(4) driver is loaded. I can ping anything just fine, but as soon as I
try a 'portsnap fetch', the interface essentially "freezes".

Anyway, can I patch the driver or should I just play with 9.2-RELEASE (I'm
new to FreeBSD)?
Thanks!
-Joe