sdt_probe_stub: Why did this get called?

Dmitry Sivachenko trtrmitya at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 10:28:02 UTC 2014

On 18 февр. 2014 г., at 20:31, Mark Johnston <markj at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 5:34 AM, Dmitry Sivachenko <trtrmitya at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE #0 r262016M
>>

>> During the boot, I see the following line on console:
>> sdt_probe_stub: Why did this get called?
>>
>> What does it mean?
>
> It means that an SDT probe was somehow enabled without setting the
> probe hook (which points to sdt_probe_stub() by default).
>
> Are you using DTrace on the system? What local modifications have you
> made to the code?

No modifications to code and I don't use DTrace on that machine (it is just compiled in the kernel).
After some digging I found that my ethernet is auto-configured on 100MBit instead of 1000MBit, and after I replaced a patch cord both problems
(ethernet speed and the above console message about sdt_probe_stub) disappeared.

Sorry for the noise.