panic: stable/10 with Debugging enabled in kern_cons.c:500

Benjamin Kaduk bjkfbsd at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 20:12:29 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 10:42 PM, Konstantin Belousov
<kostikbel at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 02:44:57PM -0800, Sean Bruno wrote:
> > > panic: mtx_lock_spin: recursed on non-recursive mutex cnputs_mtx
> > > @ /usr/src/sys/kern/kern_cons.c:500
>
> Add
> options         WITNESS_SKIPSPIN
> to the kernel config.  This is required now, unfortunately.

I ran into this a few days ago (I had missed Sean's report here) as well.
It seems a poor state to be in; can we mark the cnputs_mtx to not be
checked by WITNESS?  (Or is it a more generic problem with all spin locks
and cnputs is just the first one that is used?)

-Ben