converters/php5-iconv in FreeBSD 10

Marcelo Gondim gondim at bsdinfo.com.br
Sat Feb 15 19:01:56 UTC 2014

Hi,

Did you read this before?

20130904:
   AFFECTS: 10-CURRENT users with any port depending on converters/libiconv
   AUTHOR: madpilot at FreeBSD.org

   10-CURRENT after r254273 (committed on August 13, 2013) has an
   implementation of iconv enabled by default in libc.

   Due to this change some major overhauling of the ports tree has
   been necessary to move the ports to using that implementation.

   People using pkgng binary packages should have little problems,
   "pkg upgrade" will update all software to not depend on libiconv
   anymore, once updated packages are available. Please make sure to
   perform a "pkg autoremove" after that and check that libiconv is
   correctly removed by it.

   If you are using ports the update requires some manual intervention.
   The following procedure should be followed:

   # pkg query %ro libiconv >ports_to_update
   # pkg delete -f libiconv
   # cat ports_to_update | xargs portmaster

   or:

   # pkg query %ro libiconv >ports_to_update
   # pkg delete -f libiconv
   # cat ports_to_update | xargs portupgrade -f

Cheers