where to find FreeBSD torrent file

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Tue Feb 11 00:21:45 UTC 2014

kpneal at pobox.com wrote this message on Sun, Feb 09, 2014 at 23:10 -0500:
> In your case "the other person"'s seeder didn't know to contact your seeder.
> That's why it didn't work.

Except that DHT is designed to allow the leacher to "find" the seeder
through the DHT...  It is possible that there are multiple disjoint DHTs
out there, but I would imagine it is hard to keep them from merging
together...

I was trying a magnet link where the leacher uses the DHT to find someone
who has the torrent metadata and d/l the torrent metadata...  It was
probably a problem w/ my torrent client not being able to serve up the
metadata...

> I still daily see people downloading various FreeBSD torrents from my
> server. But the level of traffic is a fraction of what I saw when the
> official FreeBSD tracker was running. The only tracker I use now is the
> one for Project Gutenburg. So it seems there's a set of people who are
> both interested in Gutenburg _and_ FreeBSD. But that's a fraction of the
> people wanting to torrent FreeBSD.

I also see the occasional d/l, but I don't use a tracker anymore, just
DHT...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579