Squid aufs crashes under 10.0

Volodymyr Kostyrko c.kworr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 11:13:07 UTC 2014

07.02.2014 15:17, Pavel Timofeev wrote:
> Hi!
> There is a problem with squid under FreeBSD10.0.
> Squid crashes immediately if storage type is set to aufs.
> It goes down during read of config file.
>
> No problem with diskd. No problem with aufs under FreeBSD9.2.
>
> Someone thinks that it's related to clang which is default compiler on
> FreeBSD 10.0.
>
> I recompiled www/squid33 with DEBUG option. Got coredump.
> Then I did and got this:
> gdb /usr/local/sbin/squid /var/squid/squid.core
> Reading symbols from /usr/lib/private/libheimipcc.so.11...done.
> Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/private/libheimipcc.so.11
> Reading symbols from /libexec/ld-elf.so.1...done.
> Loaded symbols for /libexec/ld-elf.so.1
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> Gdb goes down too =)
> Any ideas?

Well... I'd just like to share some thoughts and facts:

  * aufs is not asynchronous anymore, it uses threads now;
  * diskd is highly experimental, broken and I suppose noone would fix
it as it all comes down to incorrect prerequisites when planning this
datastore internals;
  * rock is not working.

Besides that ufs is still stable and usable. And fast.

--
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.