Squid aufs crashes under 10.0

Dennis Glatting dg at pki2.com
Fri Feb 7 15:52:54 UTC 2014

There are several problems with Squid source with one of the most
significant in "debug." Specifically, there are print statements using
cstring that DO NOT manage the case where cstring is empty (i.e.,
c_str() returns NULL) thereby producing SIGSEV. There are also a cases
where strlen() is called with a NULL pointer, also causing SIGSEV.

I have ported 3.4 to FreeBSD and I have patches available here. Some
bugs are fixed, others not; However, I am running this code on two busy
sites.

	http://www.pki2.com/squid34.tar

I posted this stuff to ports@ but no response (it's a hack of the 3.3
Makefile, files, etc, but I'm not a ports commiter, for the sake of
others :)).

I believe aufs code is broken. I don't use it so I DID NOT try to figure
out why. For certain the Rock Store code is broken.

Note that I used clang++ 3.3 c++11.

Dennis Glatting <dg at pki2.com>