CPUTYPEs includig avx are suspicious with clang in stable/10

Harry Schmalzbauer freebsd at omnilan.de
Tue Dec 23 07:00:09 UTC 2014

Bezüglich Dimitry Andric's Nachricht vom 22.12.2014 21:49 (localtime):
> On 19 Dec 2014, at 17:06, Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd at omnilan.de> wrote:
>>
>> I'm seeing sporadic problems (core dumps) with binaries compiled with
>> CPUTYPE=core-i-avx.
>> They run fine on IvyBridge, but fail on Haswells.
>> Stripping avx from MACHINE_CPU (by defining CPUTYPE=corei7 instead of
>> core-i-avx) solved all crashes on the haswell system.
>
> Can you provide a concrete test case?  E.g. binaries with both
> optimizations, of which one exhibits the crash?

At least this is something I can do at the momen. Please find them here
(i386 versions):
http://www.omnilan.de/downloads/pkg-static.core-i-avx
http://www.omnilan.de/downloads/pkg-static.core7

The former crashes on Haswell while running fine on IvyBridge, the
latter has been compiled with CPUTYPE=corei7 instead of core-i-avx and
doesn't show problems on any syste,

Thansk for your attention!!!

-Harry