FreeBSD 10.1-amd64 -> booting on a HP DL380 Gen9 results in panic

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Fri Dec 19 00:29:49 UTC 2014

Hi,

we got one to test and it booted using the UEFI memory stick image.

However, I get a panic after
Event time „LAPIC“ quality 600
ACPI APIC Table: <HP     Proliant>
panic: APIC: CPU with APIC ID 0 is not enabled
cpuid = 0

and then a stack backtrace

What does that mean?

AFAIK, I have a single E5-2620V3 CPU and 16 GB RAM in there.

It’s primarily intended as a test-system - but earlier or later I will have to put one into production because we’ll likely stop procuring Gen8 systems sometime next year (when they simply stop becoming available).

I haven’t tried a snapshot of current.

Rainer