System hang on shutdown when running freebsd-update

Walter Hop freebsd at spam.lifeforms.nl
Sun Dec 14 19:39:50 UTC 2014

Hi Jilles!

> On 14 Dec 2014, at 19:37, Jilles Tjoelker <jilles at stack.nl> wrote:
>
> Both of these LORs are false positives. There is no mechanism in WITNESS
> to suppress them properly.

Thanks for checking :)

> I cannot reproduce the problem (VirtualBox, stable/10 amd64 and head
> i386), so apparently there is something special about some users'
> environments that causes this.

Interesting! Was the root filesystem using UFS+SU? I tried installing VirtualBox on OS X and did a clean 10.1 amd64 iso install within it, and I *did* get the crash. Tried switching chipset emulation in Vbox but I can’t seem to not get it...

--
Walter Hop | PGP key: https://lifeforms.nl/pgp