ath(4) device timeout -> reboot necessary

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Sun Dec 14 19:26:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

Nope. In theory the full reset is doing just that.. a full chip cold
stop and start. There's only a handful of state that needs a full
reset line pulldown to achieve.

So if that's fixing it then ok, maybe there's some issues i can patch
aronud by doing a full chip reset. I wonder if there are also some
bugs lurking in some of the calibration code that keeps state over
time; or the ANI code that keeps state over time.

-adrian