[CFT] pkg 1.4.0 rc2

Jeffrey Bouquet jeffreybouquet at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 6 13:11:14 UTC 2014

On 12/06/14 04:40, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have released a new 1.4.0 rc2 version of pkg (available in
> ports-mgmt/pkg-devel) since first beta it has received tons of bug fixes and
> should be now way more reliable and able to handle ootb without mistakes
> upgrades like the gettext one and the perl one.
>
> All reported issues should have been fixed since.
>
> Please test that new version I would like to make it the final release if
> possible.
>
> Best regards,
> Bapt
The upgrade of pkg-devel went slightly more without problems.  Did not test
a direct deinstall/reinstall though.

OTOH "pkg install xorriso xombrero" still wants to remove w3m-img , install
w3m, guile 1.8, x246,  along with the reinstall of those two.

For which I "n" and
pkg delete xorriso xombrero
cd ../cache/pkg
pkg clean
pkg install xorr[tab] xomb[tab] to complete and install manually
Works, but a few more commands in the way.

I seem to have no guile installed (was using v2 for mcron) and libx264
installed.
Just ignoring guile for now probably.