Zpool is segfaulting

Stéphane Dupille stephane at dupille.org
Tue Dec 2 14:09:39 UTC 2014

Hello !

I've juste upgraded my server from 10.0-RELEASE to 10.1-RELEASE.
Everything went well, exception in my daily periodic report, I've found
that the command "zpool list" is behaving strangely :
# zpool list
bad property list: invalid property 'fragmentation'
usage:
         list [-Hpv] [-o property[,...]] [-T d|u] [pool] ... [interval
[count]]

the following properties are supported:

         PROPERTY         EDIT   VALUES

         allocated          NO   <size>
         capacity           NO   <size>
         dedupratio         NO   <1.00x or higher if deduped>
         expandsize         NO   <size>
         free               NO   <size>
         freeing            NO   <size>
         guid               NO   <guid>
         health             NO   <state>
         size               NO   <size>
         altroot           YES   <path>
         autoexpand        YES   on | off
         autoreplace       YES   on | off
         bootfs            YES   <filesystem>
         cachefile         YES   <file> | none
         comment           YES   <comment-string>
         dedupditto        YES   <threshold (min 100)>
         delegation        YES   on | off
         failmode          YES   wait | continue | panic
         listsnapshots     YES   on | off
         readonly          YES   on | off
         version           YES   <version>
         feature at ...       YES   disabled | enabled | active

The feature@ properties must be appended with a feature name.
See zpool-features(7).

On a freshly installed 10.1-RELEASE it behaves correctly.

But what is frightening me the most is that :
# zpool upgrade
This system supports ZFS pool feature flags.

All pools are formatted using feature flags.

Some supported features are not enabled on the following pools. Once a
feature is enabled the pool may become incompatible with software
that does not support the feature. See zpool-features(7) for details.

POOL  FEATURE
---------------
zboot
       com.delphix:async_destroy
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  zpool upgrade

Again, it works perfeclty well on a freshly installed 10.1-RELEASE.

So, on my server, I installed a mirror zfs on top of a GELI layer. I
don't know if it's of any importance.

I don't know where to look to fix this issue (if there's an issue, the
system is behaving perfectly well).

Best regards,
SD