vmdaemon CPU usage and poor performance in 10.0-RELEASE

Polyack, Steve Steve.Polyack at intermedix.com
Tue Aug 19 16:37:04 UTC 2014

This may have just been a fluke (maybe NFS caching the old vm_pageout.c during the first source build).  We've rebuilt and are monitoring it now.

The hardware consists of a few Dell PowerEdge R720xd servers with 256GB of RAM and array of SSDs (no ZFS).  64GB is dedicated to postgres shared_buffers right now. FreeBSD 10, PostgreSQL 9.3, Slony-I v2.2.2, and redis-2.8.11 are all in use here.  I can't say that anything is unusual about the configuration.