After upgrade from 9-STABLE to 10-STABLE "shutdown -h now" doesn't halt, but reboot system.

Boris borisbsd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 12:58:42 UTC 2014

Hi Lev,

I have the same behaviour on a DL380 G5 dual E5440 CPU. Fortunately I have
iLO2 on it so I can still shut it down but I need to automate the shutdown
as it's a backup server.
I am running FreeBSD 10-STABLE amd64 which was a fresh install, no upgrade
from FreeBSD9.
I plan on rebuilding the world and installing it as I believe I have other
small issues like controlling pf using pfctl, the SMP pf seems it needs a
recompile.

I can contribute to the debugging effort if somebody can advise on how to
proceed.

Boris