UFS2 SU+J could not recover after power-off sgain (was: One process which would not die force me to power-cycle server and ALL UFS SUJ FSes are completely broken after that AGAIN!)

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 13 14:20:53 UTC 2014

Hello, Dmitry.
You wrote 13 апреля 2014 г., 16:03:26:

DS> Turn off journaling, it has many issues reported.
DS> I run hundreds of servers at work with UFS2+SU (w/o J), and never had a single problem.
 To be honest, before journal was introduced, I had smae problems
("unexpected SU inconsistency") but after 1.5-2 hours of thrashing HDDs
with "background fsck".

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>