Unable to mount the root fs on stable/8 r264339, GENERIC kernel, with MBR, FreeBSD slice, and UFS volume labels

Trond Endrestøl Trond.Endrestol at fagskolen.gjovik.no
Sat Apr 12 11:57:49 UTC 2014

On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 01:23+0400, Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:

> Did you do some changes in the kernel config?

I haven't change the custom kernel for first system in ages. It worked
flawlessly last November. The hardware hasn't changed either.

> Does the loader detects all the partitions? (lsdev in loader prompt)

Yes, it shows this on the spare system:

OK lsdev
cd devices:
disk devices:
    disk0:   BIOS drive C:
        disk0s1a: FFS
        disk0s1b: swap
        disk0s1d: FFS
        disk0s1e: FFS
        disk0s1f: FFS
        disk0s1g: FFS
pxe devices:
OK

I doubt the loader is at fault. It could be how the IDE controller is
handled by the faulty kernel.

--
| Vennlig hilsen,               | Best regards,                      |