Minor vt issue (probably a race)

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 23:58:52 UTC 2014

vt has been working for me for a while, but I have encountered an annoying
issue. Only a little annoying, but it looks like a race and my have less
obvious impacts. Since the patch to prevent crashes when resuming with vt,
I have seen the problem.

When I suspend, the system sometimes switches to vty0 before suspending,
but often does not. When it fails to switch on suspend, it does so a few
seconds after resume. I have been able to simply switch back to X
(<ALT+F9>) and everything was normal. If that i its only impact, it's no
big deal, but I fear that this may have deeper implications that I don't
see, so I wanted to report it.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com