OpenSSL CVE-2014-0160 (openssl) in 10-STABLE workaround?

John Nielsen lists at jnielsen.net
Thu Apr 10 22:58:11 UTC 2014

Apparently OpenSSL intentionally subverts malloc, which is why the issue exists at all... See also (cribbed, I confess, from Slashdot):

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.openbsd.misc/211963
http://www.tedunangst.com/flak/post/heartbleed-vs-mallocconf
http://www.tedunangst.com/flak/post/analysis-of-openssl-freelist-reuse