Incorrect sort(1) order

Dmitry Sivachenko trtrmitya at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 19:10:54 UTC 2014

Hello,

right now sort(1) in stable/10 sorts UTF-8 text files incorrectly if I have LC_CTYPE=ru_RU.UTF-8 set.
This is probably due to the problems described in recent "UTF-8 Sorting" thread on -stable, though it is a clear regression
when moving from GNU sort from stable/9.

I would rather ignore LC_CTYPE completly (until is it broken) and produce sort results as if LC_CTYPE=C.  Or at least make a big warning in sort(1) man-page.  Right now it looks rather disappointing.

Thanks.