Freebsd 10 install kernel not booting.

Matthieu Volat mazhe at alkumuna.eu
Fri Apr 4 19:49:24 UTC 2014

On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 17:00:20 +0100
Troyax <troyax at pholos.eu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to move to Freebsd 10, but the USB install kernel doesnot boot on my laptop (HP EliteBook Folio 9470m); I have send a PR, number 187488 ( http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=amd64/187488 ).
>
> Troyax

Hello, since there's no answer yet, and it seems to be a bootloader related problem, would you try the following?
 * Create a 10.0 memory stick
 * From your 9.2 environment, copy the bootcode to the memory stick:
   # gpart bootcode -b /boot/boot da0
 * Try and see if it boots

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but that's all I see right now (maybe the problem is rather in /boot/loader?).

Good luck,

--
Matthieu Volat <mazhe at alkumuna.eu>