Any news about "msk0 watchdog timeout" regression in 10-RELEASE?

jason-freebsd-stable at shalott.net jason-freebsd-stable at shalott.net
Thu Apr 3 11:21:31 UTC 2014

>>> A solution was committed and some reports of both success and failure
>>> where submitted [1,2]. (I myself switched to another network card and
>>> did not test the fix as of yet).

>> I did try upgrading sys/dev/msk to r261577; it didn't help.
>>
>> I also tried downgrading sys/dev/msk back to the version
>> from9.0-RELEASE; also didn't help.  I looked at trying to downgrade the
>> relevant portions of sys/dev/mii back to that same version as well, but
>> clang choked on it, and I didn't have time to dig in any further.

> I managed to use msk at CURRENT by disabling multi-core at BIOS (and get
> kern.smp.cpus: 1).

I tried this.  The first time I rebooted after changing the BIOS, the
machine booted okay, but after the msk card had passed about 200k, the
entire machine locked up hard, and I had to power-cycle to get it back.

After that, it behaved as previously -- after passing about 200k total,
the card hangs and there's an interrupt storm.

  -Jason