9.2-PRE: switch off that stupid "Nakatomi Socrates"

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Sun Sep 29 22:11:10 UTC 2013

On Sep 29, 2013, at 3:28 PM, C. P. Ghost wrote:

> On 28.09.2013 11:32, Phil Regnauld wrote:
>> Teske, Devin (Devin.Teske) writes:
>>> If you work seriously on serious issues long enough... you'll become burned-
>>> out. Let me just come right out and say it...
>>>
>>> I coded it.
>> 	And thanks, you got me chuckling - nice to see some humor once in a while.
>>
>> 	To the offended poster: read the last line of tunefs(8) - there's probably
>> 	many more places you could use serious time looking for deviations from
>> 	corporate correctnes.
>
> Humor can even be etched in silicon, like e.g. on an IC created by Siemens:
>
> http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/creatures/pages/bunny.html

Cisco too, besides weird Star Wars ROM messages, you have stuff like the
"BFR" (Big F*cking Router, after Big F*cking Gun in Doom) screened on the PCB:

https://www.kumari.net/gallery/index.php/Technology/Networking/BFR_2_001
https://www.kumari.net/gallery/index.php/Technology/Networking/BFR_2

I have no idea what Sluggo and Nancy are doing on this board:

https://www.kumari.net/gallery/index.php/Technology/Networking/CIMG0988

Charles