9.2-PRE: switch off that stupid "Nakatomi Socrates"

Boris Samorodov bsam at passap.ru
Sat Sep 28 08:44:44 UTC 2013

28.09.2013 02:06, David Demelier пишет:
> On 21.09.2013 12:40, Matthew Seaman wrote:
>> On 21/09/2013 11:31, O. Hartmann wrote:
>>> I'd like to switch off this silly "Nakatomi Socrates" message which
>>> reminds me on Linux and their childish naming schemes.
>>>
>>> It is only cosmetics, but it bothers me whenever I switch on the laptop.
>>>
>>> I guess there is a switch already prsent to have in the bootloader
>>> config?
>>
>> It's turned off by default in more recent 9.2-STABLE

(As I understand the case)

The logo in question is (now) turned off...

>> Otherwise:
>> loader_logo="orb"  [*]
>> in /boot/loader.conf  -- see loader.conf(5)

... but if someone want to use it, add that[*] line to loader.conf...

> I have loader_logo="orb"

... just what you have done...

> and I still have a message at the right bottom
> with that stupid joke.

... and actually get!

So it seems that you just misunderstood what Matthew had wrote.

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve