9.2-PRE: switch off that stupid "Nakatomi Socrates"

Darren Pilgrim list_freebsd at bluerosetech.com
Sat Sep 28 08:07:29 UTC 2013

Devin,

I just want to say that I really liked the reference.  I was teaching
myself loader/forth and working on a version of it for my own amusement
when I saw the commit.  Please do continue to make these silly things in
the future.  I actually run FreeBSD in production and my boss loved it
so much we actually have an official change-order ticket to preconfigure
all of our production 9.2 systems to show the logo.  A guy I work with
slated a hack to show it at the login prompt as well. :)

As for any of you who objected seriously: it's a joke, a tribute to one
of the better cult action movies, and a nice bit of pre-release fun.
While there are some Linux distros like RHEL where you can pay someone
to listen to your pointless complaints, Devin doesn't get a cent to put
up with your whingy little snit.  In short, stuff it.