FreeBSD 9.1 ix driver vlan problem

Oleg Bulyzhin oleg at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 25 17:20:39 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 09:57:07AM -0700, Rumen Telbizov wrote:
> Thanks for the patch Oleg.
> I'll give it a try but I would also like to hear back from Jack.
>
> Oleg, can you confirm that you're experiencing the exact same
> problem/behavior? What kind of switch is connected on the other end?

It looks very similar. I've tested with dlink dgs-3620-28tc +
Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU1M and (i'm not sure here) with loopback to 2nd port of
Intel X520-DA2 card.
I've found 2 problems in current ixgbe driver:
1) few seconds link loss on vlan reconfiguration (both create/destroy).
2) if you have configured vlans over ix0 and then run
   ifconfig ix0 vlanhwfilter
   your vlans will stop working until you "touch" ix0 vlan configuration
   (create one more vlan or destroy existing one).

Patch solves both for me.

--
Oleg.