FreeBSD 9-Stable + Atom D510 Freeze

Thomas Laus lausts at acm.org
Fri Sep 20 20:18:45 UTC 2013

Gary Palmer [gpalmer at freebsd.org] wrote:
> It used to be that ports had MAKE_JOBS_SAFE in the Makefile to mark that
> the port could be built using parallel compiles with the '-j' argument
> to make.  It appears that the logic has been switched and now you have
> to mark them as MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE to say that parallel builds shouldn't be
> done, indicating that parallel builds are the default now (unless I'm
> misreading the code)
>
> You can try putting
>
> DISABLE_MAKE_JOBS=yes
>
> into /etc/make.conf to see if that stops the problem on port builds.

Gary:

Making that change worked for me.  I built both Subversion and Tshark,
my two problem children.  The build time was not too much different
than without the flag.  Only 1 CPU was active with cc1 at a time.
I had no 'pfault' states on any entries in top for both builds.

I guess that we can close out this issue.

Thank you and the list for the suggestion.

Tom

--
Public Keys:
PGP KeyID = 0x5F22FDC1