umcs (4-Port-USB-serial) triggering way too much ehci IRQs

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnilan.de
Tue Sep 17 17:43:23 UTC 2013

 Bezüglich Lev Serebryakov's Nachricht vom 16.09.2013 23:37 (localtime):

>   To be honest, I didn't know much about USB at all, I wrote this driver
> without complete understanding USB magic and use USB only as transport to
> access MCS7840 registers...
>
>  Maybe, local USB Guru Hans Petter Selasky could give cime advicec how to
>  debug this situation. I've added freebsd-usb@ to CC:

Is that worth a try?
http://www.asix.com.tw/FrootAttach/driver/MCS7840_7820_FreeBSD_driver_v1.1.zip

I'd just compile and see what it does, skills don't last for
merging/helping with umcs :-(

At least, it seems to be possible to enable RS485-mode :-) :-)