Possible kqueue related issue on STABLE/RC.

Jimmy Olgeni olgeni at olgeni.com
Thu Sep 12 18:28:56 UTC 2013

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013, Konstantin Belousov wrote:

> Might be, your issue is that some filesystems do not care about proper
> locking mode for the fifos.  UFS carefully disables shared locking for
> VFIFO, but it seems ZFS is not.  I can propose the following band-aid,
> which could help you.

This certainly seems to improve things. I have been running builds
for the past couple of hours without any critical problem.

I spotted a few LORs but nothing bad happened so far:

     http://olgeni.olgeni.com/~olgeni/dmesg-2013-09-12

If it keeps working this way I hope there's still some time to fit it
into an -RC.

--
jimmy