hast and zfs trim possibly causing some problems in 9.2

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Fri Oct 11 10:27:44 UTC 2013

> If the device on the secondary node does not supports DELETE, but the
> device on the primary does, HAST will report to ZFS that DELETE
> succeeded (although it failed on the secondary), and ZFS will not
> disable TRIM. Pete, isn't this your case?

Afraid not, both machines are running normal "spinning rust" hard
drives as the actual storage layer, so there is nothing TRIM capable
anywhere.

I didnt get much chnace to look at this yesterday, but am looking at the logs
again now, and I see these messages right up to the time the machine
fell over. That machine had been up for a long time, and it was still logging
these messages, so it looks very much as if ZFS did not stop trying to
issue the TRIM.

-pete.