Device timeout from mfi(9) while booting 9.2-RELEASE

Jan Mikkelsen janm at transactionware.com
Fri Oct 4 01:30:35 UTC 2013

Hi,

We have Drake Skinny (9240-4i and 9240-8i) cards running, most recently with 9.2-RC4. We'll be testing 9.2-RELEASE in the next week or two.

We have seen problems with older versions of the firmware, and interactions with some Supermicro BIOS versions. All these problems have been resolved by upgrading to the latest versions of the controller firmware and system BIOSes.

We're running with with hw.mfi.msi=1. I haven't tested without that since early 2011; I should probably try it out.

So: What firmware do you have in the controller? Did you update it?

Regards,

Jan.