OpenSSH in -STABLE

Jeremy Chadwick jdc at koitsu.org
Wed May 22 03:11:13 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 11:02:27PM -0400, usaopp at hushmail.com wrote:
> On Tue, 21 May 2013 22:20:08 -0400 "David Wolfskill"
> <david at catwhisker.org> wrote:
> >On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 09:42:39PM -0400, usaopp at hushmail.com
> >wrote:
> >> Hi. Are there any plans to get OpenSSH 6.2 in 9-STABLE? I'd like
> >> check out the new AES-GCM stuff without going to -CURRENT on
> >this
> >> system. If there are no plans, is there a possibility? Thanks
> >
> >Please refer to ports/security/openssh-portable; its Makefile says
> >it's
> >6.2p2,1, last updated about 5 days ago.
> >

> Thanks, but that wasn't what I asked about. I'm aware of the
> version in ports.

Try freebsd-security at freebsd.org, I am certain you will get an answer
there.

Fact: OpenSSH 6.2p1 was imported to head/CURRENT on March 22nd, and
6.2p2 was imported to head/CURRENT on May 22nd:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/crypto/openssh/ChangeLog

OpenSSH is such an important/key piece of software that, much like
OpenSSL, it is one that does not warrant haste when it comes to getting
MFC'd.  If you want something more recent on non-CURRENT, you will
usually be told to run the version from ports.

--
| Jeremy Chadwick                                   jdc at koitsu.org |
| Mountain View, CA, US                                            |