Generating ISO With Pre-Installed Packages

Lucas Holt luke at foolishgames.com
Fri May 10 14:44:43 UTC 2013

As Rick pointed out, the package split script will get the packages on the media. You also need to modify the install process to actually install the default packages. You might want to look at the bsdinstall setup and add a script there to load the packages. Another approach is to create a script that runs on first boot that can install the packages via network or possibly off the media. For MidnightBSD, I created a firstboot script that prompts the user to install a graphical desktop environment and the fetched meta packages from our ports tree that would pull down everything required for kde or GNUstep + window maker. It was easier as we had sysinstall still.

Lucas Holt