Bind in FreeBSD, security advisories

Mark Felder feld at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 30 14:18:43 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013, at 9:10, Ronald Klop wrote:

> DragonflyBSD also removed BIND from base some time ago.
> http://www.shiningsilence.com/dbsdlog/2010/05/06/5853.html

I was not aware of this; that's worth referencing. I'm not sure where
NetBSD stands but a quick search implies that they still have BIND in
base.

To all: please note that my emails on this subject are personal opinions
of mine and mine only; I have no idea what other @FreeBSD.org people
think. It's merely my own conclusion of where I think FreeBSD should be
headed after several years of FreeBSD administration. There are people
much wiser and informed than I who will be making the decision if this
ever comes to pass before 10.0-RELEASE...